Tuesday 9 December 2014

MY DARK LIGHT


I don’t believe in anguish below
Or the possibility of solace above
No (dis)courage reigns in those two imaginaries
As I find no redemption in hiding under the cloak of religion
But absolute freedom in the captivity of nothingness
In spite of all the sermons, insidious mastery of hymns
I still deem it vain for all flock of this faith to burst into clamor, condemning
Pinning weighs on depravity
Ironical you say? I know
Our mutual disdain compels me to silence
Because I betray myself too
As my flood of reminiscence would attest
Any moment when my preconscious mind stutters 

I’m cognizant of the now
The past and sentient of the mights in time foreseen
It’s just me, you, them and us
That precocious kid languishing in squalor, the hell!?
That prestigious scalawag laden with riches, good heavens!
That agnostic (Freethinker) prodded for his “faith”
That vicar who’s a kid-dler
That patriarch ye hope hogs award the totem
All of THEM
Who cry for madder lucidity
But remember, ye hope hogs
When you pray, pray to yourself
And for yourself

I’m one acquainted with hope in my past
When hope was the only light that night
After we lowered a dear one to unearthly height,
And depth, far deep than my wounds
I dream through the twilight
When dusk wears its mask
When goodbyes are pleasantries
When shadows overshadow faith
I have courage in death, more than life and heartbeats
Because I’m sentient that my day will have no goodbyes
I won’t hear the nightingale
The insidious hymns too
I won’t pain
Nor will I hear the showers
That make the dewdrops wet
When faint hearted ones are full of fret
When leaves fall from my grave
Because  I won’t rise
For I am practicing to die.


© Melchowistz 2014.











8 comments:

  1. Your journey through this piece is such a beautiful dark blue-black knock of your pen as would a deathly wood-pecker on a pole standing in Elysium fields. Great work!

    I love it dark and lit with sharp tints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite humbled, fellow poet. I'm glad I achieved my cause with the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When shadows overshadow faith...
    Bitter-sweet... I like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite something this, man! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you got time to read it bruv, appreciated.

      Delete
  5. Such a darn good poet...the way you play with those words, phrases... Wah!

    ReplyDelete