Wednesday 20 February 2013

SAVE ME THE LAST DANCE

Stuck in this twilight
i wonder
struck by this conundrum
i ponder
as to or not whisper a tale
a loving tale to this unfair lady's ear
she who scorns our solemnity
she who mocks at our prospective nuptials
her beauty too rich for the world
her intellect too fair for my despair
sunken in our dreams
we gave them hope
and faith
and life
to live love and believe
i know she hearts me
and her lips sing of me
as i brag of her to all

But here i stand
watching her swing her bosom
to that masculine human
my eyes jade
my sight faze
my legs numb
as my heart pounds
the beat races
with ideas of prorogue
is it too rash
too fast
too sudden
did my heart love till now?
For i never feared losing till this night.

Am my own foe
a villan of love
a victim of time
fondness of hither and yon
laden with broken dreams
past joys
and its my fallible nature
that beckons me to the present
go hence
here stands my state
in a sombre mood
so sorry to leave in a hurry
but i need every good hap
to restore my facade kind
and as so
in all fairness
i beseech you
my muse
only
to save me the last dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment